Thursday, July 06, 2006

Victoria and Vancouver

Left Port Angeles, Washington, headed for the city of Victoria, located on the island of Vancouver. As I waited for the ferry that was to transport me, the RV, and the Jeep over to Victoria, I captured a racoon along the rocks in port:



Here's a shot of the ferry coming back from Victoria: (I believe that's Mt. Baker, Washington, in the background)



Shot the next two pictures as we left port:



Arrival in Victoria:

I went to Butchart Gardens (*yawn*):

I wasn't overly impressed with Victoria. Not a lot to see, and very many "undesireable" types roaming the streets.

I stayed in Victoria for 2 nights, then drove up the north coast along Hwy 1 to a port town called Nanaimo. The drive up was very pretty, with the highway hugging many lakes. I took another ferry over to the city of Vancouver, which was a huge city on the water. I stayed a few days, and drove around a bit. Didn't do a whole lot of tourist things, although I did go see this giant suspension bridge, called the Capilano Suspension bridge. It was 450 ft across and 230 ft above the river below:

Well, that's about all from this area. Not really that impressive, although the city of Vancouver was very nice.

No comments: