Thursday, June 29, 2006

Washington

Drove into Washington a couple of days ago and camped for two nights at a place called Quineault Lake. It is near the coast, about half-way up through the state, in Olympic National Park.




The day after arriving, I drove along a river feeding Lake Quineault, and on into the rainforest. Along the way, I saw many, many roadside waterfalls. The river was quite beautiful, too. I took a 2.5 mile hike to Pony Bridge through the rainforest.





Left Lake Quineault and headed up to the north coast of Washington, at a place called Port Angleles. As I drove there, I came across a large lake called Lake Crescent. It was really cool.

I arrived in a nice RV campsite at the junction of Hwy 101 and 112. The next day, I went for a drive up to Hurricane Ridge, which was a road winding up high through Olympic park. Here are some roadside pics:

I also went for a hike to Soleduc Falls, up along another road into the rainforest. It was a short, easy hike, again through lush rainforest, until I got to the falls. They were really nice:

No comments: