Friday, July 14, 2006

Prince Rupert

After Smithers, I drove along Hwy 16, heading west, until I got to the town of Prince Rupert, right on the coast. The drive to Rupert was really beautiful, with the road hugging the very large Skeener River. Very nice! Not a whole lot in Rupert, but they did offer a seaplane over to a bear sanctuary, called the Khutzeymatee Bear Sancuary, located up through the mountains, about a 20 minute plane ride. I decided to check it out:



When we landed, we were put aboard a zodiac, and went to check out the grizzly bears. We saw a total of 7 bears, including a mom and three cubs:





We also saw a few bald eagles out on the zodiak:


It was a really great experience! I did a short hike the next day, near the coast. Didn't see any animals, except this giant slug:



Here are a few shots I took along the highway, leaving Rupert:



1 comment:

Rockenheimer said...

Dude: truly a great blog. Very gifted with a camera. God bless you on your trip.