Friday, July 21, 2006

Highway 37 to Dease Lake

Hi again all - So, after my visit to Stewart/Hyden, I travelled back along Hwy 37a to Hwy 37 and continued north. I've been seeing a lot more wildlife on the roads because I've started to drive after 6pm, when the animals come out. It doesn't get dark in these parts until midnight or so, so I've got plenty of light to drive by. Here are some shots along Hwy 37 heading up to Dease Lake:



A black bear posing for me.



Great scenery for much of the drive.



A postcard for you...


Hodder Lake rest area. This lake breathtaking!

I actually pulled over in a gravel parking lot on my way to Dease Lake to spend the night. It was a little weird being all alone, not knowing if anyone would come a knockin. No one did, and I got on the road in the morning with no problems.

No comments: