Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Sequoia National Park

Welcome back! Left Big Sur a few days ago and have been staying in Sequoia National Park. Took a shortcut out of Big Sur and traveled on Nacimiento-Fergusson Road to leave the area. What a road! Climbed 6000 ft on a 1 and a half lane road, hairpin turns the whole way, never going faster than 15 mph! It was really beautiful though. Highly recommend a trip this way.

Got about 15 miles past the 101 and…overheated! Stuck on the side of the road for about an hour. Couldn’t find a two company to handle my RV, so by this time, the engine had cooled and I started on down the road. Made it all the way to Sequoia just fine, although I am taking it in to a service center in Fresno tomorrow to find out what’s going on.

The stay here has been very nice. I am at the Potwisha campground just inside the park. I did some hiking, visited Crystal Cave inside the park, and saw the big trees. Very nice! Blew up another inverter, however. Going to try to get one professionally installed when I get to Fresno. Anyway, enjoy these shots:








No comments: