Monday, May 08, 2006

Big Sur

The view at Julia Pfieffer Burns State Park
Hope that picture gives you a feel for what it's been like here in Big Sur, California. Been here for the past two days or so. This place is a must see for everyone! The beauty here is unbelievable. Reminds me of the Napali Coast in Hawaii. The green trees, contrasting with the various shades of blue waters and the rocks is really something to see. Yesterday, I did a hike off Hwy 1, 47 miles south of Big Sur, called Salmon Creek. I hiked in only about an eigth of a mile, and found an incredible waterfall. Here are some pics:





















The rest of the day, I just drove along the coast, stopping at every scenic overlook. Here are a bunch of picutures:










The next day, (Sunday), I again traveled south of my campground, about 28 miles to a place called Limekiln State Park, again, right on the 1. What a beautiful place this is! A must see, folks! The trails very serene, shady, and quiet.








Ok, I forgot one picture from Malibu Creek State Park. Here's a shot from my campsite:





Finally, here's that awesome waterfall at Julia Burns Pfieffer.



That's all for now! I'll have more pics in about 2 days, after I visit Montery!

No comments: