Monday, October 23, 2006

Niagra Falls

Hello there! I'm in Prince Edward Island right now, just north of Halifax, Nova Scotia. I haven't posted in awhile because, well, there's not many places where I can find internet access. Apparently, the province of Quebec doesn't have any Starbucks!

Anyway, since I last posted, I traveled from Chicago, Illinois, to Toledo, Ohio, where I visited with a good friend from my Qualcomm days. I stayed in Toledo for a few days, then headed for Niagra Falls, New York. I quickly passed through Pennsylvania and Buffalo, New York, intending to see the falls from the New York side. However, I took a wrong turn and wound up crossing the border into Canada before I had a chance to see things from the US side.

It was no big deal, because the view of Niagra Falls and the accompanying Horseshoe Falls from the Canadian side was probably better than on the US side. I can't tell you how huge and powerful both falls were (especially Horseshoe Falls). They make any other falls that I've seen on my trip pale in comparison. Here are some photos of the falls:



Pano shot of Niagra Falls



Niagra Falls and US/Canadian bridge



View of Niagra Falls from a nearby observation tower



Horseshoe Falls, just south of Niagra Falls



Closeup of Horseshoe Falls. Just amazing!

No comments: