Sunday, September 17, 2006

Bighorn National Park (Wyoming)

I left Yellowstone on Thursday, Sept. 14, heading toward Devil's Tower, in eastern Wyoming. On my way, I went through a town called Cody, named after Buffalo Bill Cody, who was a very famous guy at the turn of the century. Just before reaching Cody, I stopped at a very cool dam, called the Buffalo Bill Dam and Reservoir:



I've got some good pictures of the dam at my photosite: www.tomsphotosonline.com

I spent a good part of the day in Cody, at the Buffalo Bill museum. It was a huge place, housing 5 different museums, including the largest collection of firearms in the world, one dedicated to Buffalo Bill, and another dedicated to Western art. Those are the 3 that I looked at, and it took me over 4 hrs to do it! It was interesting to learn about Buffalo Bill and I also enjoyed the art exhibit as well. The gun collection was also very cool, but a bit overwhelming.

I left Cody the next day, and travelled through the Bighorn National Park, which was unexpected. A very beautiful drive! The scenery ranged from towering, jagged cliffs, to enormous canyons, rivers, waterfalls, and, in general, very georgeous scenery. I was going to try to get to Devils Tower this day, but with all of the pictures I took, I had to stop at a place called Gillette, Wyoming, about 60 miles short of Devils Tower. Anyway, here are some pictures of Bighorn:









No comments: