Friday, August 25, 2006

From Anchorage to Tok

This would have been a fantastic drive, except that it poured rain on me for over 100 miles on my out of Anchorage. However, the I could see that there was incredible scenery all around me. Highway 1 leaving Anchorage is know as the Glenn highway, and it meets up with the "Tok Cutoff", which is a continuation of Hwy 1. If you ever drive up to Alaska, I'd highly recommend taking this highway the reverse direction that I traveled it...that is, drive it from Tok to Anchorage for a little better view.

Anyway, I didn't see much for the first 100 miles, but after that, I could see some really beautiful scenery all around me. I didn't get many pictures, because it was a gray day, but this would be a really great drive in nice weather.

I camped on the side of the road that night, about 20 miles from Tok. Then, the next day, I crossed the Alaskan border, back into Canada, and onto a place called Teslin. It was another pretty drive, and I got the following roadside pictures:













No comments: