Thursday, November 30, 2006

Maine

After seeing Nova Scotia, I drove through the province of New Brunswick until I got to the US/Canadian border and crossed over into Maine. The weather continued to be nasty and on the cool side (no higher than 50 degrees during the day). I stopped overnight about 50 miles south of the border in a parking lot. When I woke up the next morning, I discovered that my heater had not come on at night, and that Maine was experiencing extreemly cold weather. It was 30 degrees outside when I woke, and only 40 degrees inside my RV! Neither my gas heater nor my electric heat was working. So, I found an RV repair place near the town of Bangor to fix my heat and to replace the motor that controlled my slide-outs, since I'd been travelling for about 5 days without the benefit using the slide-outs. It's pretty cramped inside the RV without them.

Anyway, I was stuck in Bangor for about 5 days, waiting for parts. The weather during this time was quite nasty...very cold, windy, and rain. I managed to keep busy, driving in my Jeep to see Acadia National park, about 30 miles away. I took the following pictures during that trip:













All in all, not a really impressive place to visit. At least not this time of year.

No comments: